Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Asian Threads: "Girl in the Green Dress" wins Gold Award at the New York Festivals International Radio Awards | Reenita's wisdom on about reenita
- amit joshi on Subscription confirmation
- kürşat ARSLAN on Leech Therapy for Hair Loss
- admin on Eat Right For Your Dosha Type: Vata
- Darrel Buddle on Eat Right For Your Dosha Type: Vata
Tag Archives: detox
I have received a series of questions from various folks following my recent post Leeches Help You Live Longer. Although a bizarre concept for many, this detox ritual has been a mainstay of Indian medicine for centuries. Banaras Hindu Universtity recently released a news video showing leech therapy procedures for treating certain types of hair loss.
While most people squirm at the thought of blood sucking leeches, Ayurvedic medicine has had an obsession with these creatures for centuries. Leeches are a critical player in an age old form of Ayurvedic detoxification known as Rakta Moksha i.e. the letting of toxic blood. The technique, drawn from ancient Ayurvedic scriptures such as the Charak Samhita and the Sushrut Samhita has been a stronghold of Indian village medicine for centuries, says Dr. O.P. Singh of Banaras Hindu University, India’s renowned Ayurvedic educational institution.