Subscribe to our Newsletter
- admin on Nine Rejuvenating Herbs and Fruits That Will Get You to the Top of Your Game in 2009
- acaiultralean.net on Nine Rejuvenating Herbs and Fruits That Will Get You to the Top of Your Game in 2009
- admin on Leech Therapy for Hair Loss
- admin on Kokum Cooler – An Ayurvedic Summer Drink
- admin on Forever Young – Unleashing the Magic of Ayurveda
- "To meet violence with violence doesn't solve any problem," Izzeldin Abulaish, author of 'I shall not Hate', 12 hours ago
- "I never tasted my childhood. I became a doctor to save my family from the misery of life," Izzeldin Abulaish, author of 'I shall not Hate'', May 20
- "You don't hate...you express your grievances and learn how to deal with conflict,". Dania Shawwa - publisher of Haven Books, May 19
- #Ayurveda spa evolved frm feel-good massage 2 holistic health therapies guided by medical staff http://buff.l… http://t.co/GSvNV0NgRA, May 18
- Native to Maharashtra in India, sweet #basil has been used for thousands of years as a culinary and #medicinal herb http://t.co/ez4EYnAa2z, May 17
Thanks to Rhea Karina Isabelle for this beautiful dusty moving picture..
From today's South China Morning Post...
"Ayurvedic spa therapies hark..
Tag Archives: kapha
Cold and flu got you down? Turn to your Ayurvedic medicine cabinet to help you kick those flu blues.’
According to Ayurvedic medicine, the common cold results largely from an imbalance of the Kapha and Vata doshas. Vata (air-space element combination) imbalances lower immunity. This invariably leads to a build up of the Kapha dosha (water-space element combination) to compensate. However, Kapha mechanisms typically overcompensate to make up for the ‘dryness’ associated with imbalanced Vata and lowered immunity. The result is excessive ‘coldness’ that creates mucus. This in turn reduces your ‘Agni’ or gastric fire, leading you to have the ‘chills.’ read more…
Kapha dosha types are have a slow metabolism. A tendency towards congestion can easily translate to heaviness, lethargy, and weight gain. Follow these tips to optimize digestion for Kapha folks.
Ayurveda is gaining a large following at luxury spas and health resorts, where the treatments are being promoted as a way to rejuvenate the skin.
Moisturizing your skin is essential for providing nourishment. Natural Ayurvedic moisturizers do wonders to replenish your skin, they alleviate the dryness of the Vata dosha and enhance skin elasticity without exposing the body to chemical pollutants. You can moisturize in the morning or in the evening, but it’s a must for your everyday routine. Vata types with drier skin would do well to moisturize their face and neck twice a day after cleansing. Pitta and Kapha types can get away with moisturizing just once.